These are some of my favorite chocolate chip cookies, really my any kind of cookie. Soft, fluffy, a silky texture, crisp on the outside, lots of various types of chocolate. These are just simply delicious. If you’re the type of person who prefers crunchy cookies, these aren’t for you, but maybe they’ll be for your friends or family!
Here is the ingredients list
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening (butter flavored)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 7 tsp vanilla instant pudding (or custard powder)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix sugar, 1/4 cup butter and shortening until smooth
- add vanilla
- add 1/4 cup butter
- beat eggs
- dissolve baking soda into warm water (we use microwave to heat water for 25 seconds)
- pour in warm baking soda mixture
- sift flour, salt, and pudding together
- add dry ingredients to your wet ingredients.
- add all chips
- mix with hands or spatula until chips are completely mixed in. DO NOT USE A BLENDER!
- shape into 1″ balls and place on cookie sheet about 1 1/2″ apart.
- Bake for 11 minutes. This is very important, UNDERBAKE as a preference over overbaking. If you dry out the cookie, it will turn into just another crunchy cookie, it needs to retain a bit of moisture to stay fluffy!
Thats it, really pretty straight forward. Watch the video, make some, let us know how they turn out!
Something we want to do is to experiment to try and create other flavors of cookie with a similar texture but other interesting flavors. Let us know if you do any experiments!