This is an instructional video on how to make the best Banana Bread. Simple, easy and delicious!
This uses the following Video’s instructions
Ingredients in Order of Usage:
- 1 ¾ cups unbleached all-purpose flour (I use King Arthur)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp very fine table salt or ground up sea salt
- Liquefied Banana Mixture
- 8 Tbls of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- 2 Large eggs
- ¾ cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: ½ cup walnuts or pecans.
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees. Make sure to move the rack to the center.
- Prepare 1 9inch bread pan with non-stick cooking/baking spray.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Banana Mixture, butter, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Once this mixture is smooth, begin to slowly pour this mixture into the dry components. Do not over beat. You should still see some streaks of flour. This is fine, since the last step is to mix in the nuts if you choose to.
- Mix the nuts into the batter (optional).
- Now, place this batter into your prepared bread pan.
- You can bake as is, or decorate the top of the bread. If you choose to just bake as is, place the pan on a cookie sheet and place into a preheated oven of 350 degrees F. Bake for between 55 and 70 minutes.
- After 55 minutes begin to check the bread with an inserted toothpick every 5-10 minutes. You are looking to poke the center of the bread with a toothpick and have the toothpick come out of the break cleanly. Now, some people like to have a moister bread. So, you can bring it out once the toothpick comes out mostly clean (but no liquid goop). The bread will cook some while cooling.
- And then you are finished.
Optional: Decorating the top of the batter.
There are two ways you could do this. With a brown sugar crumble top or sliced bananas.
In this recipe I will discuss the sliced banana method, since it looks pretty!
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 large banana slightly aged.
- Optional: ¼ cup Crushed walnuts or pecans.
- 2 tsps. of granulated or caster sugar
- Slice up the banana. These should be angled cuts (see video). They should be approximately ¼ an inch thick.
- Line the edges of the batter with the bananas (see video).
- Optionally, grind up the chosen nuts in a food processer or a spice grinder. Then place this across the top between the two lined banana rows.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the top of batter. Try to evenly distribute it.